Every lesson is carefully planned and students are required to practice with challenging questions through a mixture of online and written activities all focused around national curriculum.
‘To create a passion for learning in children and unlock their full potential
Keeping this in mind, with a genuine passion for teaching Maths and helping students succeed academically, our founder Vandana Gupta decided to launch her own tuition center ‘Open Minds Tuition’ in Brentwood to serve the local community and make a positive impact on students’ education.
Vandana is also a recipient of a UGC scholarship for a Masters’s degree in Mathematics for achieving the highest marks in the University.
Her extensive 30 years of teaching experience includes teaching in one of the top Independent Schools of India, Delhi Public School, and UK Comprehensive Schools.
At Open Minds, we offer English, Maths, and Science private tuition for children aged 5 to 16 (including 11+ Entrance, Independent school entrance, SATs Examinations, and GCSE Exams).
Why Choose Open Minds Tuition?
- Expert and Passionate Tutors: Our team of experienced tutors are highly qualified in their respective subjects, DBS Checked and have a passion for teaching. They are committed to nurturing students, understanding their individual needs, and tailoring their teaching methods accordingly.
- Small Class Sizes: We believe in providing an optimal learning environment where students can actively participate and receive individual attention. That’s why we maintain small class sizes, allowing our tutors to focus on the strengths and weaknesses of each student and the tutoring is tailored to their needs.
- Customized Learning Plans: We understand that every student is unique, with different learning styles and paces. Our tutors assess each student’s strengths and areas for improvement and then create personalized learning plans to maximize their potential. Every lesson is carefully planned and students are required to practice with challenging questions through a mixture of online and written activities all focused on the national curriculum.
- Comprehensive Curriculum: At Open Minds, we offer a comprehensive curriculum that covers all major subjects, including Mathematics, English, and Science. Our syllabus is designed to align with the latest educational standards, ensuring students receive up-to-date knowledge and skills. At Open Minds, we pride ourselves in our ability to create a passion for learning in our students allowing them to reach their maximum potential.
- Interactive Teaching Methods: Boring lectures? Not at Open Minds! We employ interactive teaching methods, such as online resources and educational games to make learning engaging, enjoyable, and effective.
- Regular Progress Monitoring: We believe in tracking each student’s progress to ensure continuous improvement. Our tutors provide regular feedback to both students and parents, highlighting achievements and suggesting areas that need further attention.
- Exam Preparation: Whether it’s school exams, standardized tests, or entrance exams, we provide comprehensive exam preparation programs. Our tutors will equip students with the necessary skills, exam strategies, and ample practice to excel in their assessments.
- Enhanced learning opportunities: We provide free access to online resources and provide flexibility in terms of when and where students can access the materials. They can study at their own pace and revisit concepts as needed.
- Reinforcement of learning goals: We provide feedback to parents at the end of each lesson to promote transparency, communication, and collaboration between tutors and parents. This feedback helps parents understand what their child is working on and encourages them to align their support at home
- Personalized learning: At Open Minds, we recognize the importance of individualized approaches and do not follow a “one size fits all” approach. Every child is unique, with different learning styles, strengths, and areas for growth. When students feel that their learning experience is tailored to their needs, they are more likely to be motivated and engaged in their studies. This can lead to improved academic performance and a positive attitude towards learning.
- Curated and relevant content: We always ensure that the resources we provide are carefully curated and aligned with the curriculum and learning objectives. This enables students to engage with the content in ways that best suit their individual preferences and learning styles.
- Motivational support: At Open Minds, we encourage and motivate students to set goals, work hard, and believe in their abilities by offering praise and recognition for their achievements, both big and small.
- Our results speak for themselves: All the students at Open Minds have made significant progress at school, resulting in improved class position, better SAT results, higher than-predicted GCSE grades, and improved confidence. One youngster made such great progress he was moved from set four in Maths to set one at school, while some GCSE students exceeded their predicted grades.
Most of all, our students enjoy it and find the Open Minds tuition experience rewarding. Read just some of our testimonials.[/vc_column_text]
“I feel delighted to see my students understand the concepts and perform to the best of their abilities. One boy in his GCSEs said after his first lesson: “I can understand maths now.” To hear that was just fantastic.”
– Vandana Gupta (Founder of Open Minds) on the most rewarding aspect of tutoring