How do 11 plus Mock Exams help my child in preparation for 11 plus Exams?
- 22 May 2023
- Posted by: Open Minds Tuition
- Category: News
If your child is sitting for 11 plus exams in September, it typically indicates that the child is in the final stages of their preparation for admission to selective schools or programs at the secondary level. As the exams approach, it is important for the child to focus on consolidating their knowledge, revising key concepts, and practicing exam techniques.
11 plus Mock exams serve several important purposes in the preparation process for the actual 11 plus exams and children may be encouraged or required to sit for 11 plus mock exams for several reasons:
- Familiarization with exam format: Mock exams provide children with an opportunity to become familiar with the format and structure of the actual 11-plus exams. By experiencing the exam environment, including time constraints and question types, children can better understand what to expect and feel more confident when they take the actual exams.
- Practice and preparation: Mock exams serve as valuable practice sessions. They allow children to apply their knowledge, skills, and strategies in a simulated exam setting. By practicing under exam conditions, children can refine their time management skills, improve their performance, and identify areas for further study or improvement.
- Time management skills: The 11 Plus exam is often timed, with a specific time limit for each section. Mock exams provide students with an opportunity to practice time management skills, helping them learn how to allocate their time effectively and complete the exam within the given time constraints.
- Subject-specific practice: The 11 Plus exam typically covers subjects like English, mathematics, verbal reasoning, and non-verbal reasoning. Mock exams allow students to practice these subjects in a simulated exam environment, helping them improve their knowledge, understanding, and application of concepts.
- Feedback and improvement: Mock exams provide valuable feedback on a student’s performance, highlighting areas that require improvement. This feedback can be used to tailor further study and revision, focusing on specific areas of weakness and working towards improvement before the actual exam.
- Assessment of readiness: Mock exams can help assess a child’s preparedness for the actual 11-plus exams. The results of the mock exams provide feedback on the child’s strengths and weaknesses, allowing parents and educators to identify areas that may require additional focus or support. This assessment helps tailor the child’s preparation and enables them to work on areas where they need improvement.
- Building resilience and reducing anxiety: Mock exams can help children build resilience and reduce anxiety associated with the actual exams. By experiencing the exam process beforehand, children can become more familiar with the stress and pressure of test-taking. They can learn to manage their emotions, cope with time constraints, and develop strategies to perform at their best during the actual exams.
- Setting goals and tracking progress: Mock exams provide a benchmark to set goals and track a child’s progress over time. By comparing mock exam results from different practice sessions, parents and educators can observe improvements and assess the effectiveness of the child’s preparation strategies. This tracking of progress can motivate children and provide a sense of accomplishment as they see their growth and development
Overall, 11 Plus mock exams are essential for providing students with a realistic exam experience, assessing their readiness, identifying areas for improvement, and building confidence and resilience. They play a crucial role in the preparation process, helping students perform at their best in the actual 11 Plus exam.
Bookings are open for *11 plus Mock Exams 2023 * in *Chelmsford* on
*Sunday, 18th June 2023*
*Sunday, 23rd July 2023*
*Sunday, 20th Aug 2023*
*Sunday, 3rd Sep 2023*
You may use the link below to book Mock Exams